this easy chicken salad is on the table in 20 minutes, yet filled with healthy fruits & vegetables to keep you satisfied.
This Easy Chicken Salad recipe is a great go-to meal for those busy evenings when you have exactly 20 minutes to make something healthy and satisfying before your h-anger gets out of control…
If you have chicken, greens and other salad items in your fridge, you’re ready to go!
Salad is a great summertime dinner idea when the weather is hot! This easy chicken salad recipe is a great way to use up leftover veggies in your fridge – creating a “trough salad” of sorts like Katie Lee does. Using any leftover veggies or fruits, cut them up over a bed of lettuce and greens, and your meal is complete. Adding a protein on top is a great way to help you feel fuller longer, especially if you are going to take this salad to work for lunch. With all these good veggies and protein, your mid-afternoon slump will never appear!
If you have these items on hand, you can make countless salads any night of the week!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Greens: romaine, iceberg, spinach, green leaf lettuce
- Crunchy items: cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage (or coleslaw mix, like I use in this salad!)
- Fruity items: grapes, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, apples, pears, oranges
- Cheese: goat cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese
- Proteins: chicken, beef, shrimp, fish, canned tuna, beans, hard-boiled eggs,
- “Fun” Items: French fried onions, sunflower seeds, nuts of any kind, olives, banana peppers
Read up over on this post from The Gracious Goodness to get all the salad details you’ll need to create endlessly delicious salads!
If you are meal prepping for the week, go ahead and chop chop chop all these ingredients. You could assemble a different salad the night before, and in the morning just grab the bin you’ve assembled them into and take it with you. Easy chicken salad is a great way to meal prep for the week on a Sunday evening!
You could also use the protein you cooked the night before and toss over a salad. If I’m really thinking ahead, I’ll grill up one more chicken breast, or one more steak and then chop it into a salad bowl for lunch the next day.
For this easy chicken salad recipe, you’ll want a bite of everything in each bite — so go ahead and create a “chopped” like salad. My grandmother says salad should be eaten with a spoon! 😉
Need a few more salad ideas?
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 16-ounce bag Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 pound Grapes, cut into fourths
- 1 pound Grilled Chicken, diced
- Bottled Dressing
- In a large salad bowl toss your lettuce and slaw together to mix up well.
- Shake a couple tablespoons of dressing over the lettuce/slaw and put in fridge for 10 minutes while you chop the rest of your ingredients.
- After you've chopped everything up, add all to your "marinated" lettuce and slaw and toss super well to combine.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side.
Large salad bowl. Mixing bowls. 14" Bamboo bowl with serving spoons and dressing tray. Serving bowls. Prep bowls. Fruit bowl. Mixing bowl set. Wooden basket. Salad bowl set.
DRAGONN Premium Set of 12-inch and 9-inch Stainless-Steel Locking Kitchen Tongs, Set of 2 - Sturdy, Heavy Duty Tong Set - Great for Cooking, Grilling, and Barbecue (BBQ)
Bentgo Salad (Gray) BPA-Free Lunch Container with Large 54-oz Salad Bowl, 3-Compartment Bento-Style Tray for Salad Toppings and Snacks, 3-oz Sauce Container for Dressings, and Built-In Reusable Fork
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 246mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 10g Protein: 26g