Y’all. We need to talk. Do you ever eat something, and want seconds… and then wake up the next day and want it again?
🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋 I can’t put enough of those…
This salad is one of those things…. I had it at supper club in early February, and I still haven’t had enough…. I go to Red Radish here in Asheville and pick up a “That” salad, and a bin of the dressing. Then, throughout the week, I’ll make my own salad — almost daily. It’s THAT good, y’all!
That Good Good Salad is the perfect combination of mixed greens, mandarin oranges, seeds, cucumbers, to die for dressing, and french onions. YUMMMMMMMM.
So, let’s talk about what makes a good salad — the “stuff” is super super important. It needs to be enough fun stuff that it gives mixed greens some life; but, it can’t be too many items.. Otherwise, it’s just not worth it!
That Good Good Salad is one you and your family will have on repeat during the hot summer months! Click To Tweet
I added grilled chicken to mine for lunch, and it was delicious. Usually, I just have the salad sans protein. And, it’s perfection.
- ((I don't measure... so, just use your discretion for how many you are serving. You want "stuff" in every bite!))
- Mixed Baby Greens
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Shredded Carrots
- Mandarin Oranges (for each box of mixed greens, I use 1 large can of oranges.)
- Sunflower seeds
- French Onions
- Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning packet -- made according to recipe
- I small carton feta cheese crumbles
- 2 scallions, just the green tops
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- In a large bowl add all salad ingredients and toss well. ((If making ahead of time, I add the oranges and onions just before serving!))
- In a food processor or blender combine HV ranch dressing with feta cheese, scallions, roasted red pepper, and smoked paprika. Blend until smooth.
- Dress salad and toss well, or serve dressing on side and let people help themselves.
Any recipes y’all want to share with me, that you want over and over?!
Save this to your favorite salad board on Pinterest!
Join Sweetpea Lifestyle
Subscribe to receive your download for the
Game Plan + Themed Game Plans for Hospitality Handbook!