Easy keto egg bake is the perfect low carb Saturday morning brunch recipe! And, it’s about as quick and simple as it gets.
I'm not a huge egg fan -- as in Guy Fieri and I would get along great, because eggs are #EW! Click To Tweet
However, I can eat them when they are surrounded by lots (and I mean LOTS) of meat, cheese, and veggies. Keto egg bake combines sausage and onions with lots of cheddar cheese and a creamy egg custard.
When eating keto, you really need all the protein you can eat. Easy keto egg bake is a great way to start your day well. I like to make a dish of this on Sunday evenings, and then slice off a portion each morning for breakfast. I don’t have a microwave, so it does take some time to reheat — but, I get ready, and then eat it right before I walk out the door. It’s a good way to “sit still” for a few minutes before starting a busy, busy day!
If you aren’t familiar with the ketogenic diet, I recommend this fantastic book! So much information that is essential for fully understanding that eating “keto” isn’t just eating low carb. It’s eating all the correct macronutrients for YOUR body. <—– Major light bulb moment for me! I wrote, highlighted, and added tabs all over this book. My darling brother John John is reading through it right now, and I keep reaching for it to reference.
Need some Low Carb Meal Planning inspiration?? Download my FREE Low Carb Meal Planning Shopping List — it includes a few secret recipes and tips for helping you win with low carb!
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage (I like using hot!)
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375˚
- Brown sausage and onions together in large pan over medium heat.
- Drain sausage and onions onto paper towel
- In separate mixing bowl, combine cheese with six eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add sausage and onions to baking dish (I use a large glass pie dish, but 8×8 works great, too!)
- Pour cheese and egg mixture overtop — shimmying the whole thing together.
- Bake at 375˚ for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top, and doesn’t jiggle in the center.
- Make this on a Sunday evening, and enjoy a keto breakfast each morning!
- Serving Size: 8
What do you enjoy for breakfast during a busy week?? Any favorite brunch recipes??! I still love my Southern Goat Cheese Grits — I’m perfecting Cauliflower grits, y’all. And man. I fooled my daddy — they were THAT good!
Save this to your favorite Breakfast Board on Pinterest!