Oh, Kale! You are so popular and trendy!
We love you, kale. You rich in vitamins and fiber, leafy green vegetable.
There are many methods for making kale chips — thousands and thousands of recipes that are “the BEST!”
I’m not saying mine is the best… Mine is just so yummy you eat them straight out of the oven, and they never make it to the container to save for later.
A few tips for make these chips irresistible.
1. Tear bite size pieces.
2. Get your hands in there.
3. Don’t crowd the pan.
4. High heat, watchful eye.
- Kale, torn into bite size pieces
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚
- Tear leaves into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over to coat.
- Toss with salt and pepper. Get your hands in there, and make sure each leaf is coated!
- Place on a half sheet pan, in a single layer. Be sure the pan isn’t crowded. Crowds create steam…. And then won’t get crispy…. Bleck, no one wants a wimpy kale chip.
- Roast at 425˚ for 5 minutes. This is where you want to keep watch. Sometimes it takes longer than 5 minutes. But, they roast quickly!
- Remove from oven, and try not to inhale these…. Store in an airtight container and snack often!
- Use all different kinds of seasoning — I’ve even been known to use Greek Vinaigrette they give you at the greek salad shop! YUM!
What recipes have you tried for Kale chips that you use over and over?? Let me know in the comments below!