Pomegranate Goat Cheese Chicken is here to quell your New Year’s Resolution angst… I know I have plenty for everyone….. Each January, I start on this great low-carb kick… I plan, and I shop, and I prep, and I think THIS IS THE YEAR ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE. Usually that ends around February, when it’s really cold outside, and I’m over the planning and the shopping and the prepping. Here’s to hoping for a productive 2017 — for more than a month. 😉
That’s it. This chicken was marinated in store bought balsamic dressing, then grilled. When I purchase chicken, I usually bring it home, cut it up and place in freezer bags with different marinades. Then, the day before I need it, I place it in the fridge to thaw. I even do this with veggies like green beans, peppers & onions, and other “hearty” veggies. No potatoes… Do not freeze raw potatoes…. I did that once… 🙋🙅
Pomegranate Goat Cheese Chicken with Balsamic Pomegranate Glaze
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split in half
- 1/2 cup Balsamic dressing -- preferably a low carb, low sugar version.
- 1 lb Haricots Verts -- the long green beans! You cook these like pasta -- still crisp in the center!
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1.5 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- Butterfly you chicken breasts in half, making four chicken breasts, and place in 1/2 cup of dressing to marinade. You can do this half an hour before eating, or the day before. Overnight is best though!
- Pour your vinegar and juice into a small pot and let reduce by half, until a syrup consistency is reached.
- Grill your chicken breasts on an outdoor grill, or right in the cast iron skillet.
- Remove chicken, and toss your green beans in the same hot skillet.
- Let the beans cook for a few minutes, then place chicken back on top of green beans.
- Top with goat cheese and glaze and serve!