Pomegranate Goat Cheese Chicken
Pomegranate Goat Cheese Chicken is here to quell your New Year’s Resolution angst… I know I have plenty for everyone….. Each January, I start on this great low-carb kick… I plan, and I shop, and I prep, and I think THIS IS THE YEAR ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE. Usually that ends around February, when it’s really cold outside, and I’m over the planning and the shopping and the prepping. Here’s to hoping for a productive 2017 — for more than a month. ?
That’s it. This chicken was marinated in store bought balsamic dressing, then grilled. When I purchase chicken, I usually bring it home, cut it up and place in freezer bags with different marinades. Then, the day before I need it, I place it in the fridge to thaw. I even do this with veggies like green beans, peppers & onions, and other “hearty” veggies. No potatoes… Do not freeze raw potatoes…. I did that once… ??
Pomegranate Goat Cheese Chicken with Balsamic Pomegranate Glaze
Pomegranate Goat Cheese Chicken
A deliciously simple low carb chicken dinner, made in one skillet.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split in half
- 1/2 cup Balsamic dressing — preferably a low carb, low sugar version.
- 1 lb Haricots Verts — the long green beans! You cook these like pasta — still crisp in the center!
- 2 oz goat cheese
For Balsamic Reduction
- 1.5 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- Butterfly you chicken breasts in half, making four chicken breasts, and place in 1/2 cup of dressing to marinade. You can do this half an hour before eating, or the day before. Overnight is best though!
- Pour your vinegar and juice into a small pot and let reduce by half, until a syrup consistency is reached.
- Grill your chicken breasts on an outdoor grill, or right in the cast iron skillet.
- Remove chicken, and toss your green beans in the same hot skillet.
- Let the beans cook for a few minutes, then place chicken back on top of green beans.
- Top with goat cheese and glaze and serve!
It really is easy — and this is also great to do with leftover chicken — making that a SUPER fast low carb meal.Do you have any go-to low carb meals that are plan ahead friendly?? I would love to try them!
Yummy! I will be making this soon! I need to do the chicken and marinades.
Ashley, This looks wonderful! We eat a LOT of chicken in my house and I’m always trying new recipes. I’ll be adding this one to my list to try. Pinning to share 🙂 Thanks so much for stopping in and sharing with us this week at Brag About It!
I’ll be featuring your recipe at next weeks party! Have a super rest of the week!
Thank you, Laurie!! How fun. For me, I can never have enough chicken recipes!! Thanks for pinning, sharing, and featuring me! Happy Weekend!
This looks very good. Ive made other recipes for chicken with balsamic vinegar and it always comes out so moist. Looking forward to trying this one. I think it gives the chicken a great taste. #HomeMattersParty
Everything about this chicken dish sounds delicious to me! I’ll have to give your recipe a try. Thank you for sharing it with us at the #HomeMattersParty
I usually start off the year the same way and by the end of January I’m eating junk food again. This recipe is definitely worth a try and at least to help add in healthy meals along the way. #HomeMattersParty
This year, I am STILL eating low carb, and it’s almost the end of February! It’s definitely work… but, I’m focusing on one meal plan at a time. Thanks for stopping by, Donna, and for the kind comments you leave!
This is going to y table soon. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty 🙂
Life With Lorelai
This needs to go into our meal plan soon, totally sounds like something I’d love! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty
Comments are closed.