Pimento Cheese Chicken Dip Skillet Potatoes are the snack you want for movie night!
Crispy skillet potatoes are topped with cheesy, melty pimento cheese chicken dip for an incredible appetizer recipe!
Pimento Cheese Chicken Dip Skillet Potatoes are just what you need, right now.
They’re ooey-gooey, cheesy, creamy, a little bit crunchy, and a whole lot of comfort.
You’ll need your eating pants, and the gumption to go for it, alright?!
This recipe takes an easy appetizer recipe, Pimento Cheese Chicken Dip, and dollops it right on top of skillet potatoes.
Then the whole thing is drizzled with cold homemade ranch, and you’re going to want to stand right at the stovetop and never leave.
So, first, let’s talk about potatoes.
Any potato will do, really.
I’m using a hearty russet, that I’ve sliced into wedges, and coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
TIPS FOR ROASTING POTATOES
You can read all about “Roasting Rules” in this post here.
The number one thing to remember when roasting potatoes, or any veggie with a flat surface, turn all the veggies cut side down, so the flat surface is on the pan. That’s where the roasty-toasty-crispy-crunchy magic happens.
Also, if you ever go to flip your potatoes, and one won’t come up, let it roast a little longer. Eventually, when it’s ready, it will release itself.
These potatoes were roasted on a sheet pan and then tossed into a cast-iron skillet.
Here’s a great recipe if you’re just looking for some roasted potatoes that will knock your socks off!
Second, you’ll need some pimento cheese.
I love this recipe — and it’s a winner with a LOT of y’all.
So, put as much as you need in a big bowl.
I had a cup and a half left + a cup of chicken.
Second, you’ll need some shredded chicken
You could shred some leftover Ranch Grilled Meal Prep Chicken if you’ve got some on hand.
Here’s an Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken recipe for you if you’re into that sort of thing!
So, depending on how much you need, shred it up!
I used one cup of chicken, but that was for about 4-6 “servings.” And by servings, I mean, 6 polite people who will only top a few crackers. Or, 4 hungry people who this is their dinner.
The third step is to mix all of this up in a big bowl.
Really mix it up, y’all — you want the chicken evenly incorporated with the pimento cheese so that every bite has the perfect ratios!
Finally, bake the dip until melted and bubbly!
This only takes 10-15 minutes to bake up, depending on the size of your dish.
The ramekin for 4 took only 12 minutes to melt up and get all brown and delicious.
Now, getting back to the potatoes!
Plop the pimento cheese chicken dip on top of the potatoes, really smoosh it around, but leaving some potatoes exposed.
Broil for a few minutes, just to get it extra melty, then top with scallions and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Can you use leftover Pimento Cheese Chicken Dip?
Heck yes, you can!
This is a fantastic Game Day recipe.
You can put your cast iron skillet on top of your grill at the tailgate, and serve right from it.
What other appetizers go well with this dish?
- 2 large Russet Potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Pimento Cheese Chicken Dip
- Scallions, for garnish
- Ranch dressing, to dip in
- Preheat your oven to 425˚.
- Wash potatoes, and slice into wedges.
- In a big bowl, toss potato wedges with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Layout the potatoes on a half sheet pan, with a flat side down, and roast for 20+ minutes at 425˚.
- Once potatoes are roasted, layer into a cast-iron skillet.
- Make the pimento cheese chicken dip, or scoop some out of your leftover container.
- Spread over the potatoes, and pop into the oven.
- If you’re making this with fresh dip, you just need to broil for a couple of minutes.
- If you’re making this with leftover dip, bake at 425˚ until the cheese dip is melted and golden brown on top.
- Top with sliced scallions, and serve hefty drizzle of ranch dressing.
Keywords: pimento cheese chicken dip skillet potatoes
Be sure to save this to your favorite appetizer or tailgating board!