Easy Spinach Manicotti Bake
Spinach Manicotti Bake has rich and creamy manicotti baked with a bolognese sauce on top,
smothered in smoked mozzarella cheese.
Spinach Manicotti Bake uses store-bought manicotti + simple bolognese sauce + copious amounts of cheese to create a belly-filling dinner recipe idea!
I know I go on and on about how I don’t like pasta, and I don’t… But, the people (that’s you!) do!
So, this recipe for Spinach Manicotti Bake I bought spinach and cheese manicotti from Aldi.
Took them out of the package, and plopped them into some homemade bolognese sauce. Covered this in smoked mozzarella + Italian blend cheese, and baked it until golden brown and bubbly!
I did take a few bites, and it was delicious!
How to Make Spinach Manicotti Bake
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Fresh (or frozen!) Spinach & Cheese Manicotti – why make your own, when stores offer it…
- Cheater Bolognese Sauce
- Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Low-Moisture Mozzarella
Let me talk you through each ingredient…
- I found Spinach and Cheese Manicotti at my local Aldi store. Check your local grocery store to see if your refrigerated and frozen sections have the options.
2.Cheater Bolognese Sauce is this sauce recipe… and yes! It’s that simple!
[jumprope code=”WflsKKLb” products=”bottom” displayformat=”blog-post” structureddata=”true”]
This recipe is super simple, especially when you use my Cheater Bolognese Sauce!
Spinach Manicotti Bake
- 10 Pre-filled Spinach and Cheese Manicotti
- 24 ounces Cheater Bolognese Sauce (recipe to follow)
- 1 cup Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Low- Moisture Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 350˚
- In an oven-proof dish, ladel your 24 ounces of Cheater Bolognese Sauce.
- Nestle the manicotti into the sauce, and 'smoosh' around to coat all the pasta with sauce.
- Layer cheeses on top of the pasta and sauce.
- Bake covered at 350˚ for 40 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes, remove the cover. Bake until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly on top.
Cheater Bolognese Sauce Recipe:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup red wine
In a large pot, brown ground beef and drain fat if needed. Saute chopped onions with beef until soft. Add italian seasoning and minced garlic and cook for about a minute. Pour in red sauce and wine, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Recipes to serve alongside: