This 30-Second Salad Recipe is quick and easy, filled with vegetables, and the perfect side dish for any protein.
30 Second Salad is one of those recipes I make alllll the time.
It’s the perfect meal prep salad recipe idea, super hearty, and ready to go when you are.
30 Second Salad is the perfect addition to a dinner party…you layer everything in your salad bowl in the morning without mixing it up. Store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve, then toss and dish it out!
How do you make 30-Second Salad?
First, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cole Slaw Mix
- Baby Spinach
- Parmesan Cheese Shreds
- Dried Cranberries
[jumprope code=”8Jamt0Dn” products=”bottom” displayformat=”blog-post” structureddata=”true”]
There are all kinds of variations you could do with this…
If you don’t like white wine vinegar, use balsamic or apple cider vinegar!
Don’t like dried cranberries?? Use whatever dried fruit YOU like!
Same with the nuts and cheese…
If baby spinach isn’t your thing, or you want a different hearty green, try chopped kale or arugula in this easy salad recipe!
Whatever you have on hand, use it!
If you have other veggies that you want to be chopped into it, go for it!
I like to add cucumbers and bell peppers—but, I add these to my salad I’m eating that night.
Make-Ahead Version of the 30 Second Salad
Mix your greens and coleslaw together with the cheese, nuts, and fruit.
Store this in a container in the fridge with a dry paper towel in the container, and pop the lid on the container.
Flip the whole container over, so the paper towel is on the bottom. The paper towel sucks any extra moisture up and keeps your salad crisp throughout the week.
When you’re ready to eat, pull the salad out and get the portion out that you need. Toss that portion of salad with your dressing, or any other dressing you like!
I also like to make this salad into Mason Jar Salads…I’ll add the dressing to the bottom of a jar, followed by diced chicken or lunch meat, and then the salad on top. Screw the lid on, and store in the fridge until I’m ready to eat!
Need some Protein Ideas to serve with this salad?
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 1 TBS Vinegar
- 1/2 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 16 ounces Cole Slaw Mix
- Half a 5 ounce box of Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 cup Walnuts
- 1/8 cup Dried Cranberries
- In a large salad bowl, add in your sugar and vinegar and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add in mustard, and whisk again until well combined.
- Slowly stream in olive oil, while whisking vigorously to emulsify the dressing.
- Add salt and pepper, whisk it up, and give it a taste!
- With the emulsified dressing on the bottom of the bowl, add the coleslaw mix on top, followed by the baby spinach, cheese, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Don’t mix it, until you are ready to serve! If you’re waiting, just cover and let it sit in the fridge.
- When you are ready to serve, using salad tongs/spoons, toss the salad for a FULL 30-SECONDS. Seriously! Set a timer!
- Enjoy this salad with any protein or by itself!
If you make the dressing separate, this makes an amazing meal prep salad! Just store in a container with a lid, and scoop some salad out when you need it.
Keywords: 30-second salad recipe idea