Unexpected Cheddar Dip is an easy holiday appetizer recipe that’s filled with creamy, nutty Unexpected Cheddar Cheese along with onions and mayonnaise!
Unexpected Cheddar Dip is the quick and easy recipe you need to try this holiday season!
Filled with onions, cream cheese, mayo, and the nutty, creamy Trader Joe’s favorite: Unexpected Cheddar!
Do you need a quick and easy dip for your next (socially distant) gathering?!
Give this Unexpected Cheddar Dip ago, and you’ll have your dipping world transformed!Just kidding…
But, it really is *that* good.
You’ve heard of Unexpected Cheddar from Trader Joe’s, right?!
It’s one of their top cheeses, and it is SO good.
What is Unexpected Cheddar?
It’s an aged cheddar cheese with a hint of parmesan cheese. It’s got an amazingly crumbly texture with subtle crystals from the aging process.
It is such a liked product, that now they have it pre-shredded (you’ll see in the video below), and a broccoli cheddar soup… They’re really capitalizing on this product line!
How do you make Unexpected Cheddar Dip?
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- Mayonnaise (Y’all know I love my Duke’s)
- Sliced Green Onions
- Diced Shallot
- Pre Shredded Unexpected Cheddar
- Half a Block of ‘Chunked’ Unexpected Cheddar
- House Seasoning Blend (you’ll find the recipe below!)
[jumprope code=”bA22kA3i” products=”top” displayformat=”blog-post” structureddata=”true”]
What is House Seasoning Blend?
It’s a simple seasoning blend I created for myself out of ease…
I kept using this combination of seasonings together and decided to toss them all into a tub, so I could just sprinkle when needed.
Instead of unscrewing the jars over and over!
Here are the spices included:
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Combine equal parts in whatever kind of container you like, and use it on everything!
This simple dip recipe is the perfect low carb or keto lifestyle-friendly dip recipe!
I love serving this with a platter filled with fresh vegetables!
This dip is a gentle way of moving into that “new year, new you” mantra you get in your head every January.
It’s naughty but nice.
Keto or Low Carb Recipes you should try…
- Keto Broccoli & Cauliflower Bake
- Keto Pizza Dip over Spaghetti Squash
- Keto Italian Pizza Zucchini Bake
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
This post contains affiliate links.
Check out my Amazon Storefront if you need to snag any meal prepping things—I’ve got all my favorite products listed in the idealists!
Now, you could also put this on a big table, with all the dips like in this Sips & Dips Party!
What dips did I serve?
Now that’s a fun party to look forward to hosting again!
Save this recipe to your favorite appetizer board on Pinterest!
- 1 Shallot, diced,
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Half a block of softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp House Seasoning blend (see notes below)
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/2 bag pre-shredded Unexpected Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 block Unexpected Cheddar, diced (see video)
- Dice your shallot and slice your green onion up.
- Add it to a bowl along with the cream cheese, and give it a good stir.
- Sprinkle in house seasoning, and stir well to combine.
- Plop in mayonnaise, and the cheese and give it a good stir to mix everything up!
- Let this “marry” in the fridge for an hour before serving.
House Seasoning Blend:
- 1 TB Kosher
- 1 TB Black Pepper
- 1 TB Onion Powder
- 1 TB Garlic Powder
Keywords: unexpected cheddar dip