Meatballs Pizza Toast is a deliciously simple meal with lots of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and hearty meatballs. Enjoy this for a quick lunch, an easy dinner, or a Super Bowl appetizer idea!
Haille Bieber went viral last year for her Pizza Toast recipe with truffle oil, burrata cheese, and marinated fresh tomatoes. This Meatball Pizza Toast is an homage to that simple recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
I loved the original recipe when I made it (leaving off the truffle oil… I despise truffle oil.). I ended up making it a few times and having it on top of chicken cutlets.
So, the other day when I had leftover meatballs, I decided I needed to try them on Pizza Toast.
It’s like a pizza and a meatball sub had a baby, and it’s just delicious.
How to Make Meatball Pizza Toast
First, you’ll need a slice of ciabatta bread, or whatever kind of bread you like best. Sourdough would be nice, but also plain French bread.
Then, you want to get some pizza sauce. Personally, I like Rao’s Pizza Sauce the best, but if you had a jar of marinara open, just use that!
You’ll need both low-moisture mozzarella and fresh mozzarella. The combination of the two cheeses is just what you want on one piece of toast.
Slice up some leftover meatballs that you tuck into the cheese. SO GOOD!
Then, you’ll use the Zyliss Cheese Grater to grate cheese over top! Use that link, and get 15% off your order!! Use code: ASHLEY15
Bake this toasty goodness until the cheese is melty, and it’s golden brown on top.
Drizzle some balsamic glaze on top, and fresh basil ribbons, and your meal is complete!
Oh, and you can’t forget the extra grating of parmesan cheese!Print
- 2 sliced Ciabatta bread
- 2 spoonfuls of Pizza Sauce
- 2 TBS Low-Moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 Mini Mozzarella Balls, cut up
- 4 Leftover Meatballs, sliced
- Parmesan Cheese (“Say when…”)
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat your oven to 375˚.
- Place the bread on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and toast in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Once the bread slices are a bit toasty, spoon over some pizza sauce.
- Top the pizza sauce with the cheese and meatballs.
- End with a generous grating of fresh parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375˚ for about 8+ minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, then finish with an extra grating of parmesan, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and fresh basil ribbons.
Keywords: Meatball Pizza Toast