Cranberry Chicken is the simple, four-ingredient dinner recipe you want to make! French dressing, cranberry sauce, french onion soup mix, and chicken are roasted in the oven until tender perfection. Serve with a side dish your whole family will love, and dinner is ready in less than 45 minutes!
If you’re searching for a quick dinner idea that is a classic for chicken breasts, this is the post for you!
Having a super simple chicken recipe memorized is great for those busy weeknights when dinner needs to be ready, stat.
This recipe works in the oven or slow cooker, and is a great way to feed your family.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make Cranberry Chicken
Are you ready for one easy meal?? Here we go!
You’ll need a bottle of French Dressing — I buy whichever one is on sale, and if they don’t have French dressing, buy Catalina dressing. Doesn’t matter which one! When you search for this recipe online, the two dressings are used interchangeably.
Next, you’ll need a can of whole-berry cranberry sauce. Stock up at Thanksgiving, and keep it in your pantry for the chilly winter months.
Dig out a packet of French Onion Soup Mix from your pantry, and dinner is almost ready!
You’ll mix these three ingredients together and pour over seasoned chicken breasts in a baking dish.
I seasoned my chicken breasts with my new favorite seasoning blend, Smash Seasoning from McCormick Grillmates. It’s basically my House Seasoning recipe!
Bake, and serve! See how easy that was!
These pantry staples are great to have on hand when you need dinner in a flash. Plus, they’re fairly economical! Woo hoo!!
One of the Easiest Chicken Recipes
You can also make this in your slow cooker!
Spray the slow cooker all over, and place your chicken breasts in the bottom. Season with House Seasoning, and then cover with the sauce mixture.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or high for 2-4 hours depending on how many chicken breasts you use. The recipe card can be doubled below!
This easy roasted cranberry chicken recipe is a fantastic way to use up leftover homemade cranberry sauce, too!
I’ve only had this with boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I’m sure it’s even yummier with juicy chicken thighs.
The sauce comes together super quickly with the help of my cordless Kitchenaid hand mixer, watch the video to see!
If you wanted to elevate this dinner, you could sear the chicken on both sides before adding the sauce. Adding some fresh cranberries into the baking dish before baking adds a nice eye appeal, but totally not necessary!
This is one of those super easy recipes with simple ingredients that help you get dinner on the table in a flash. This isn’t the meal you make for Christmas Dinner, although I wouldn’t be opposed to it! It’s SO good!
Serving Easy Cranberry Chicken Recipe
It’s a delicious dish served with boxed stuffing mix, Brown Butter Rice, or mashed potatoes!
If you’re planning to host a dinner party with this super simple recipe, here’s the menu I’d serve:
Plus, I love serving dishes that all bake at the same temperature! It makes for a very stress-less dinner party!
Bring everything to the buffet line, and have people serve themselves.
Enjoy some store-bought brownies with ice cream after dinner.
Pro Tip: Put the brownies on an oven-safe baking tray and place them in the OFF oven after the chicken and sides come out of the oven. This way, when the ice cream hits the brownies they’re all gooey and warm!
This complete meal is perfect for a dinner party with friends, an easy dinner with family, or a date night at home!Print
- 3–4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- Smash Seasoning, or 1 tsp House Seasoning (see notes)
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- 1, 14-ounce can of Whole berry Cranberry Sauce
- 8 ounces French Dressing (substitute Catalina if you need/want to!)
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the onion soup mix with the cranberry sauce and French dressing.
- In a greased baking dish, add in your chicken breasts and season both sides with Smash Seasoning (or whatever seasoning you’re using!).
- Pour the cranberry sauce mixture over the chicken, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with a side dish of choice and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Spray your slow cooker and add in your chicken breasts. Season on both sides, then pour the sauce on top. I like to give the chicken a little “twirl” so the sauce gets on the bottom a bit, ensuring nothing burns.
- Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 2-4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/8 cup black pepper
- Mix all of these ingredients together and store in a jar close to your stove top.
Keywords: Baked Cranberry Chicken