Bruleed Brie is the ultimate holiday-baked brie recipe! Pecans, bacon, and brown sugar are stirred into melted brie cheese, then a demerara sugar topping gets brûleéd to a crackly perfection.
This holiday appetizer is showstopper-ready!
When you crack into this brie recipe, everyone goes crazy…
Here’s how to make it.
How to Make Bruleed Brie
This post contains affiliate links.
You’ll need some brie cheese, with the rind cut off.
Place all the cut-up cheese into a baking dish, I love my fromage brie baker!
I found mine at my favorite store in Asheville, NC, Provisions Mercantile. You can also find it on Amazon!
Pop this baker into the oven, and let it melt with the lid on.
In a small skillet, melt the butter with some cooked bacon, pecans, and brown sugar. Stir all that together until it forms a “caramel” of sorts at least until the sugar is completely melted.
While you’re cooking the caramel, the brie is melting and delicious in the oven.
Take the brie out of the oven, pour in the caramel, and stir it through the cheese.
Flatten out the top, then you’ll pour demerara sugar on top.
Using a kitchen torch, you’ll brûleé the sugar on top, until it’s melted, and hardened. NOT burned.
I have the exact kitchen torch listed above (you’ll see it in the video!) and I love it! It’s been so handy to melt extra cheese on top of a sandwich, or just make something a little more fancy.
Serving Brûleéd Brie
At your next holiday party, bring this out, grab your kitchen torch, and let your guests watch the show of brûleéing the top of the cheese!
Everyone gets really quiet and listens for the crackle… Then the “oohs and ahhs” start coming in!
Serve with a nutty or fruity cracker. I like the addition of the texture in a cracker.
But, this would also be great on a soft slice of French bread!Print
- 8 ounces Brie Cheese, rind cut off
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Chopped Pecans
- 1 TBS Cooked Bacon
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Demerara Sugar
- Remove the rind from your brie, and place in a baking dish with a lid.
- Bake the brie at 350˚ for 8 minutes, covered.
- While the brie bakes and melts, cook one tablespoon of butter with one tablespoon of chopped pecans, one tablespoon of cooked bacon, and one tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook this until the sugar has melted, and formed a “caramel” of sorts.
- After the brie cheese is melted, remove from the oven and stir in the caramel so it’s evenly distributed.
- Smooth out the top, and sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
- Using a Kitchen Torch, melt the sugar on top until it’s browned and caramelized, watching closely so you don’t burn it. It’s best to keep the torch moving and not stay in one spot too long.
- Let the top cool for about a minute, then crack in and serve with crackers!
Keywords: Bruleed Brie (Sweet Baked Brie Recipe)