Turn your favorite baked brie recipe into the cutest fall appetizer by stuffing it into a pumpkin!
this post contains affiliate links
I love baked brie — it’s kind of a Fall-ish appetizer that leads right into the holidays. However, this ‘usual’ recipe I wanted to be a bit more exciting, and after stuffing cheese and bread into my Pumpkin Fondue, I wanted to stuff every pumpkin I had…. And it’s way different than brie en croute, since this helps out our gluten free friends!
This easy baked brie appetizer recipe would be perfect fall gatherings, tailgating (you can keep it warm in a low crockpot!), even a brunch!
This pumpkin is from Trader Joe’s — what they call ‘Sugar Pumpkin’ – as you can see, it;s the size of a wheel of brie, but the center is so creamy sweet, it pairs perfectly well. You could also top with all kinds of preserves, not just the apricot preserves I used. Hot pepper jelly would be delicious, especially if you’re planning to be outside on a chilly night — it will warm you right up!
One major point: I removed the rind from the entire wheel, before adding to the hollowed pumpkin. This helps it melt, and get ooey gooey quickly — turning this into a dip recipe almost? You’ll have to try it to see! I promise, you won’t be disappointed. It’s cheese inside a pumpkin, with sweet preserves — what’s not to love?!
- 1 small, 5-6" wheel of brie, with rind removed
- 1, small 'Sugar Pumpkin' about 1.5 pounds, with seeds & 'innards' removed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4" slices
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Slice pumpkin, so you have a "bowl" that will fit your brie wheel. Remove seeds and fibers.
- Paint the inside of the pumpkin with olive oil, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake pumpkin in preheating oven, while you remove the rind from brie wheel.
- Carefully! Remove the rind from your wheel of brie. I like to use a serrated cheese knife, and 'saw' back forth very gently.
- Remove pumpkin from oven, and stuff cheese into it. If it doesn't fit, feel free to cut the brie into pieces, it will melt anyways!
- Cover brie with apricot preserves. Then, cover the entire pumpkin with foil.
- Bake for half an hour at 375˚
- Remove from oven, and immediately serve with sliced baguette
Best part: the pumpkin acts like a warmer, and keeps your cheese warm longer than the other way!
Prodyne CK-300 Multi-Use Cheese Fruit and Veggie Knife
Large Canadian Maple Cutting Board (18x24x3/4) L18240
rainbow, Wooden Butter Knife Cheese Spreaders, set of 4
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can save this pin to your favorite appetizer of thanksgiving board!
Cheers to gathering your people around a pumpkin stuffed with brie!