- 8 ounces Brie Cheese, rind cut off
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Chopped Pecans
- 1 TBS Cooked Bacon
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Demerara Sugar
- Remove the rind from your brie, and place in a baking dish with a lid.
- Bake the brie at 350˚ for 8 minutes, covered.
- While the brie bakes and melts, cook one tablespoon of butter with one tablespoon of chopped pecans, one tablespoon of cooked bacon, and one tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook this until the sugar has melted, and formed a “caramel” of sorts.
- After the brie cheese is melted, remove from the oven and stir in the caramel so it’s evenly distributed.
- Smooth out the top, and sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
- Using a Kitchen Torch, melt the sugar on top until it’s browned and caramelized, watching closely so you don’t burn it. It’s best to keep the torch moving and not stay in one spot too long.
- Let the top cool for about a minute, then crack in and serve with crackers!
Keywords: Bruleed Brie (Sweet Baked Brie Recipe)