This Tomato Bruschetta Recipe is the perfect summertime appetizer when the tomatoes are in season, and basil is plenty!
- 2 pounds ripe, cherry tomatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (I use a microplane, and grate the garlic cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil ribbons (see notes!)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons caper brine
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- An hour before serving, gently combine all ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
To create basil ribbons, roll up several leaves of basil, and slice crosswise.
Keywords: tomato bruschetta