Onion Artichoke Dip is a deliciously creamy and easy appetizer dip recipe idea! A few simple ingredients baked to perfection!
Onion Artichoke Dip is the perfect warm and cozy dip recipe you can make ahead of time, bake when you’re ready, and absolutely WOW your people!
It’s almost time for the Super Bowl, and anyone else just shows up for the food?!
Let’s chat about onion dip and artichoke dip…
They’re both amazing! But together… OH YES, PLEASE.
How to Make Onion Artichoke Dip
Let’s gather the ingredients:
- Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Sweet Onion, softend with butter
- Quartered Artichokes, drained
Do y’all love Boursin Cheese as much as I do?! Good lord, that ish is amazing! They make all kinds of flavors, but this is the OG and the one you need for this recipe.
Throw your cheeses, mayo, and cream cheese into a big bowl. Give it a mix.
Roughly chop up a small sweet onion.
Cook the chopped onions in half a stick of butter. You want to soften the onions, and not necessarily get any color on them. Caramelized Onions would be great in this, but it would change the flavors to a sweeter side.
While the onions soften on the stovetop, drain your artichoke hearts.
You can buy the usual can, I prefer to get the quartered ones. This way, you can get it super dry. Excess water is the antithesis of this dip! Let the artichokes drain for a while, and if needed take a paper towel and dab it dry.
Mix the softened onions and artichokes into the onion artichoke dip. Give it a very good mix!
Plop into a baking dish, and bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
HOT TIP: Make this in the morning or the night before and keep it in the fridge. Half an hour before you are ready to bake remove it from the fridge, and let the chill come off before putting it in the oven.
Onion Artichoke Dip pairs well with a warm baguette, crackers, or scoop tortilla chips!
This post contains affiliate links. Check out my Amazon List with all my favorite kitchen items!
Other Recipes You Need to Try
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Mayo
- 8 ounces Shredded Mozzarella
- 5.2 ounces Boursin Cheese
- 1 can Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 1 small Sweet Onion, chopped
- 4 TBS butter
- Preheat the oven to 350˚
- In a big bowl mix, 8 oz softened cream cheese, 4 oz Mayo, 8 oz shredded mozzarella, 5.2 oz Boursin cheese.
- Chop your small sweet onion, and melt 4 tablespoons of butter in. a medium skillet. Cook until softened and translucent.
- While the onions cook, drain 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts.
- Add the softened onions and drained artichokes to the cheese mixture, and mix it really well.
- Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with a sliced baguette, crackers, or scoop tortilla chips.
If you need to make this ahead of time, you can! Make the recipe up until right before you bake it. Cover well, and keep in the fridge until you're ready to heat it up. Up to 3 days in advance. Half an hour before you're ready to heat, remove from the fridge to let the chill off. Then bake according to the recipe above.