*This post has been updated on November 1, 2021*
Chocolate Chocolate Toffee Cookies use a simple cookie base, add in sinful milk and white chocolate with a dash of toffee pieces, and are baked to golden brown, gooey perfection!
These cookies are so fun to make.
Using a “cookie base” you can make any kind of cookie!
It’s a simple batter with the usual flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, etc. It’s what you add to it that makes it yours.
Any ideas already churning for what you would add to your cookies?!
White & Milk chocolate chips + crunchy toffee bits made this cookie a winner.
But, y’all! Let’s talk about some cookie base + combos you could build!
White Chocolate + Dried Cranberries?!
Dark Chocolate + Pecans?!
Peanut Butter Chips + Dried Cherries?!
The possibilities are endless, y’all!
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Toffee Cookies
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. (I cheat when “sifting,” I just use my whisk and combine well. Making sure there are no lumps.)
Add in dry ingredients one cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
That is your base!
From here, you can add whatever “mix-ins” you would like! Nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
I added a cup each of white and milk chocolate chips as well as half a cup of toffee bits.
If using a stand mixer, let mix several times around the bowl.
If using a handheld mixer, use a wooden spoon for this part! Some mixers do not like to be overworked, don’t ask me how I know….
I’m not a big fan of scooping and rolling out cookies….
So, I like to make a log, freeze it, then slice off the cookies that I need.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- Preheat your oven to 350˚
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes in an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. (I cheat when “sifting,” I just use my whisk and combine well. Making sure there are no lumps.)
- Add in dry ingredients one cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, pour the chocolate chips + toffee chips into the bowl, and allow the mixer to “spin around the bowl” a few times. But, not over working the dough.
- Roll out a long piece of plastic wrap on your counter.
- Plop the cookie dough onto the plastic wrap, pull the sides of the plastic wrap around the blob of dough, and press/roll out into a log.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, then slice off cookies to bake 8-9 minutes each in a 350˚ oven.
- Allow baked cookies to cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: chocolate chocolate toffee cookies