Snoop Dogg’s Billionaire’s Bacon is *the* bacon recipe of all time! Covered in brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and black pepper you will have this recipe on repeat!
Have y’all picked up a copy of Snoop Dogg’s cook book, Crook to Cook?! It might be my favorite cookbook of all time… seriously!
Years ago, when I was hosting supper club, we did a dinner where everyone cooked out of this book. Everything we had was “this is the best (salad, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, brownies, etc) I’ve ever had!” I couldn’t get over how well everything turned out. It was a dinner party for the record books!
This cookbook has everything from lobster thermidor, bow wow brownies, filet mignon, bologna sandwiches, fried chicken that has potato chips in the batter, and so many more! It’s filled with gourmet classics you’ll want to make over and over.
The Chop It Up Salad… I think I ate that 2-3 times a week for 2 years straight. And his Caesar dressing is the best.
Can you tell I love me some Snoop Dogg cookbook?! ((Side note: if you haven’t watched hip hop star’s show with Martha Stewart, you are missing out! They are quite the pair!))
Let’s make Snoop Dogg’s Billionaire’s Bacon!
Gather your ingredients:
- Thick Cut Bacon – if you want a brand, I always go with Wright’s. You could use center-cut bacon, but it needs to be fairly thick.
- Brown Sugar – light brown sugar is what I had, but if you only have dark, use that!
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
Gather your Kitchen Supplies:
- Small Bowl
- Wire rack that fits inside your sheet pan
- Baking Sheet – like a half sheet pan, or jelly roll pan. One with sides!
- Parchment paper – I like to line my sheet pans with it when making bacon. Clean-up is SO easy!
Start by lining your pan with parchment paper.
Pro Tip: if your parchment paper just keeps popping up on you, wad it up into a crinkly ball, then unwrap and lay it down. This helps the paper keep its shape better!
Add your wire rack on top of the parchment paper inside the sheet pan.
Next, spray your wire rack with cooking spray. Since we’re making a brown sugar mixture to go on the bacon, you want to keep the wire rack oily so nothing sticks!
Now, lay out your strips of bacon on the wire rack. Be sure to keep a little space between each slide.
Then using your small bowl, measure out the brown sugar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Give this a good mix so everything is well combined.
Using your fingers, sprinkle a little on each slice of bacon. Really press it on to each slice.
Here is where I veer from Tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen… I start my bacon in a COLD oven. Instead of preheating to 400˚.
When you start bacon in a cold oven you really allow the fat to render slowly, creating a melt in your mouth texture that is irresistible! They don’t call me Aunt Bacon for no reason!
Roast your bacon for 25-30 minutes in the oven, being careful to watch for burning. Since we are cooking with brown sugar, during the last few minutes it can go from perfect to burned in less than 30 seconds. I suggest setting a timer for 20 minutes, and starting checking often after that.
Did you know that bacon crisps as it cools? So, if you remove it just slightly before you think it looks perfect in the oven, it will be perfect when it cools a bit.
Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a paper towel.
Serving Billionaire Bacon
Get ready for your first bite of billionaire bacon! It’s one of the platinum recipes you’ll be making over and over again!
Add it to your Monterey Chicken Sandwich and enjoy that little kick of red pepper flakes!
I love serving this bacon recipe with french toast, or on a BLT. Even chopped into a salad it’s a good recipe! If you’re feeling super naughty, tuck a piece of the dollar bacon into a hot dog. Add a little grandma slaw on top, and give your taste buds a trip around the sun! Ha!
Need a variation?? Mix hot sauce and maple syrup together, then brush that on each slice of bacon!
Save Snoop Dogg’s Billionaire’s Bacon to a board on Pinterest!
Try this brown sugar mixture on these Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies!Print
Snoop Dogg’s Billionaire’s Bacon is covered in brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and black pepper you will have this recipe on repeat!
- 1/2 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 Sliced of Thick-Cut Bacon
- Line your half sheet pan with parchment paper, and lay a wire rack over top.
- Spray the wire rack with non-stick spray.
- Lay out your 8 bacon slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes together.
- Spread the brown sugar mixture evenly over the bacon.
- Place the baking sheet in a COLD oven, and turn on to 400˚.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes, then go check to see how done the bacon is.
- Continue cooking for up to 10 more minutes, being careful not to burn the brown sugar.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the bacon to cool for 5 minutes.
Keywords: Snoop Dogg’s Billionaire’s Bacon