I love pears. Anything pear. Pear flavored jelly beans, a fresh Anjou pear, canned pears on a salad. Well, Cream Roasted Pears are the most decadent way to eat pears, ever.
Oh. Em. Gee.
My lovely Aunt made this dessert for us this past summer at the beach.
And, I literally licked my plate clean. Cream roasted pears are that good.
Super, super easy too. Like, way easier than any fancy dessert should be. But, then again, the simple things really are the best.
Cream Roasted Pears
- Pears - one pear = two servings
- 1 T Butter
- 1 T Sugar
- 2 T Heavy Cream
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 t Almond Extract
- Several grates of fresh Nutmeg
- Begin by putting your one tablespoon of butter into a dish, spread it around with your fingers. Sprinkle half the sugar on the bottom of the dish.
- Peel and core your pears, placing them flat side down into your dish of butter & sugar.
- Sprinkle remaining half tablespoon of sugar over pears.
- Place pears in a 350˚ oven and set your timer for 12 minutes.
- While the pears are getting all warm and soft, mix your cream and extracts. I used a vanilla bean + almond extract. If you don't have a vanilla bean, you can use plain vanilla!
- When your timer dings, take the pears out.
- Pour the cream mixture over and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over top once you pull the pears out.
- Plate in a shallow bowl, and top with cream from pan.
Try not to stand at the counter and devour both pears….
Now, let’s be real. This recipe is not exactly something you should eat daily… It’s 7 points on WW, so just keep it under control, okay?
Enjoy, Sweet Friends!
Pin me to your favorite recipe board!