Roasted pears covered in sweet cream.
- Pears – one pear = two servings
- 1 T Butter
- 1 T Sugar
- 2 T Heavy Cream
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 t Almond Extract
- Several grates of fresh Nutmeg
- Begin by putting your one tablespoon of butter into a dish, spread it around with your fingers. Sprinkle half the sugar on the bottom of the dish.
- Peel and core your pears, placing them flat side down into your dish of butter & sugar.
- Sprinkle remaining half tablespoon of sugar over pears.
- Place pears in a 350˚ oven and set your timer for 12 minutes.
- While the pears are getting all warm and soft, mix your cream and extracts. I used a vanilla bean + almond extract. If you don’t have a vanilla bean, you can use plain vanilla!
- When your timer dings, take the pears out.
- Pour the cream mixture over and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over top once you pull the pears out.
- Plate in a shallow bowl, and top with cream from pan.