This post contains affiliate links.
5 Ingredient Chili is a fast, easy dinner any night of the week! This comes together in less than half an hour, with only five ingredients!
I know it’s the beginning of summer, and you’re not thinking chili weather… But! For my household, we LOVE chili anytime. Not only is it super easy to make, but we can eat it for lunch through out the week. It also freezes “beautifully!” (Please tell me you said that in your Annelle voice from Steel Magnolias?!)
Growing up, this was a family favorite in our home. We always knew it was Chili night when MBB would break out the package of ChiliO. Now, you may be thinking, “Seriously?! ChiliO?!” Yes. The little yellow package filled with the perfect spice blend. Don’t even try to sell me on an off brand, or a make at home version. There a those recipes that if your mom doesn’t make them, they just don’t taste the same. Spaghetti, chili, tuna noodle casserole…. You know, those homey meals we knew and loved as children.
This chili is only 5 ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand at any time. Ground beef, yellow onion, can of beans, can of diced tomatoes, and ChiliO — that’s all! Such an easy dinner recipe you and your family will want repeated on the meal plan over and over!
We love serving this with taco toppings on the side. Download my FREE Taco Topping recipe card you can print out and keep in your fridge! It includes a couple secret recipes that can be a dip AND a taco topping.
I also love to serve this with cornbread or saltine crackers. That’s how my daddy eats chili — with a sleeve of saltines right next to his bowl! Having this Cornbread Salad from The Gracious Goodness would make this a complete meal! (I’m getting so hungry, y’all!!)Print
A super quick and easy chili recipe in no time!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 can of mixed beans, rinsed
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (with the liquid!)
- 1 packet ChiliO
- In a large pot, brown beef over medium high heat. Drain excess fat if needed. Add diced yellow onions and saute until soft. Mix in your beans and tomatoes along with the ChiliO. If needed, add a couple cans of water if you want a more soupy consistency. Simmer for 10 minutes, and serve with taco toppings and cornbread.
- This freezes beautifully! So, go ahead and make a double batch and freeze in individual containers!
- You could totally leave the meat out if you need a vegetarian option.
- Also, feel free to add any kind of canned beans — I like using the mixed bean can, because it’s all in one… MBB would use a combo of kidney beans, black beans, and chick peas. Which is kind of unusual, but added great texture!
Be sure to pin this to your favorite Chili or Soup board so you can find it easily!
Cheers, Sweet Friends!
Use my Low Carb Meal Planner!
Subscribe to get your free printable along with a couple welcome emails filled with goodies and recipes and tips you never knew you needed!