Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the nutritious Taco Tuesday you’re craving. Baked sweet potatoes are filled with ground beef taco meat and topped with all your taco night favorites!
- 4 Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
Baking your Sweet Potatoes:
- Wash and pat dry your sweet potatoes.
- Place on the rack of a cold oven, and a cookie sheet on the rack below the potatoes (to catch any juice).
- Turn your oven to 350˚ and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check your potatoes, and rotate them.
- Potatoes are done when you can easily insert a fork into them.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Baking your potatoes can be done a couple of days ahead of time, keeping in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Ground Beed Taco Meat:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until cooked. Breaking apart well.
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of taco seasonings and stir to combine evenly.
- Add a quarter cup of water to create a looser mixture.
- Allow simmering for 8-10 minutes over low heat.
Serving Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- If you’ve made your sweet potatoes ahead of time, rewarm them in a 250˚ oven for half an hour.
- Ladle taco meat into the center of a cut sweet potato.
- Allow your people to top their sweet potato with whatever taco toppings they would like.
- Gather around the table and enjoy this meal!
Keywords: taco stuffed sweet potato