- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- about 8 basil leaves torn into small pieces
- 1 crusty baguette, sliced into 1/4” slices, and toasted
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, red peppers, garlic, oregano, and most of the basil (reserve some to garnish on top!) in a medium bowl.
- Let sit for a good hour, but making the day before is best!
- Pour into a serving dish and place alongside toasted baguette slices.
- To make this super fancy, serve with herby goat cheese to spread on toast before adding tomato/pepper spread.