French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole is the easy recipe idea with just a few pantry staples make this dinner come together super quickly!
- 1 Box Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 can of Water
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Half an onion, thinly sliced
- Seasoning packet from Wild Rice mix
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1/2 cup French’s Onions
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- In a large bowl stir together wild rice mix, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, half cup of sour cream, and one can of water.
- In a greased casserole dish, add two chicken breasts and pour the soup mixture over top.
- Layer thin fresh onion slices on top, along with the seasoning packet from the wild rice mix.
- Dot this whole casserole with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, remove from the oven, and shred the chicken using two forks.
- Stir the chicken back into the casserole to distribute.
- Sprinkle French’s Onions on top and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the crispy onions are golden brown.
- Serve right from the casserole dish to your hungry people!
Keywords: french onion chicken and rice casserole