Zucchini Taco Casserole is this summer’s best low carb and keto dinner recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 3 cups zucchini rounds
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Brown your ground beef, add onions, taco seasoning, and a can of Rotel tomatoes if you’re feeling fancy.
- While your ground beef browns, slice your zucchini into quarter inch rounds. You’ll want these thin so they cook quickly.
- Spread the zucchini rounds all over a greased casserole dish, this recipe works well in a 9×13″ dish or even an 8×8″ baking dish.
- Spread the taco meat mixture over the zucchini, trying your best to cover each zucchini round.
- Place in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- During the last five minutes, spread cheese all over the top and broil until brown and bubbly!
- Serve with taco toppings and enjoy!
If you are planning to freeze this recipe, you can do so either before or after cooking. Follow these instructions for reheating:
Place thawed zucchini taco casserole in a COLD oven, and turn oven to 350-degrees. Once oven comes up to temperature, bake for 20 minutes.
- Category: keto/low carb
- Method: casserole
- Cuisine: keto mexican
Keywords: mexican keto casserole, zucchini taco casserole