The BEST Homemade Sloppy Joe Sauce starts with tomato sauce, chili sauce, and brown sugar. This homemade version of Sloppy Joe sauce has nothing on the canned version!
- 12 ounces Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large mixing bowl, pour in the bottle of chili sauce and brown sugar. To the almost empty bottle of chili sauce, add the Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Screw the top on, and shake really well. Dump this into the bowl with the chili sauce and brown sugar. Whisk these together, breaking up any brown sugar lumps – you want a completely smooth sauce. Add the can of tomato sauce plus the mustard and whisk until combined. Store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
Keywords: the best homemade sloppy joe sauce