Homemade Shrimp Cocktail Sauce is way better than anything you’ll buy in the store! You might even have all these pantry staples to make it tonight!
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 TBS Horseradish (less if you don’t like it as spicy)
- 1 Lemon, zested, and juiced
- 2–3 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix 1 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon of horseradish, the zest and juice of one lemon, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Mix this all together until well combined, then transfer to a dish (either your serving dish, or an airtight container) and chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- This sauce lasts up to 2 weeks in the fridge, in an airtight container.
For a tangy sauce, add 1 tablespoon of pickle juice.
For a spicy sauce, sub the ketchup for chili sauce, and add a few dashes of hot sauce.
Keywords: shrimp cocktail sauce recipe