Salmon Niçoise Salad is a big platter filled with lettuce, green beans, potatoes, eggs, shallots, salmon, and a tangy lemon dressing that is wonderful for a Spring dinner with friends gathered around the table.
**These amounts below are definitely interchangable. Adjust to your serving needs. The recipe below serves 8 people well.**
- 2 cups Flaked Salmon Fillet (if using canned, this is about 2 cans!)
- 2 cups Cooked New Potatoes
- 2 cups Cooked Green Beans
- 1 cup Sliced Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Pickled Shallots
- 4 Jammy Eggs, sliced in half
- 3/4 cups of Lemon-Garlic Dressing
- Follow this Lemon Pepper Salmon recipe – and let it cool.
- Boil all the potatoes, eggs, and green beans, and allow to cool.
- In a little bowl, add sliced shallots with a sprinkle of sugar and a hefty douse of Vinegar. Let these sit to quick pickle.
- On a giant platter, lay out your lettuce leaves.
- Top with flaked fish, potatoes, green beans, eggs, onions, and tomaotes in piles all over the lettuce.
- In a small bowl, pour almost a cup of dressing. Add a tablespoon of dijon mustard, and the juice of one lemon.
- Drizzle the dressing over everything, leaving extra to serve on the side.
The potatoes, green beans, and eggs can be boiled a few days in advance.
The salmon can be made the night before. ((A great way to use up leftover salmon!))
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: salmon niçoise salad