- 2–4 Chicken Cutlets (Thin Sliced Chicken Breast)
- 2 TBS Pesto
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 pounds ripe, cherry tomatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (I use a microplane, and grate the garlic cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Baby Mozzarella Balls (Boconccini)
- Balsamic Glaze
- Extra fresh basil leaves
- Blend the pesto, olive oil and balsamic vinegar together in an airtight container. Add in your chicken, and turn to coat each piece. Allow to marinate for up to 8 hours.
- Bake your chicken at 425˚ for 20 minutes, or until and internal temperature reaches 165˚.
- Mix all of the tomato salad ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and store in the fridge. You can make this salad up to 3 days ahead of time.
- Add in the drained baby mozzarella balls 30 minutes before serving.
ASSEMBLING THE SALAD
- To large platter, add your cooked chicken breast, then spoon the tomato mozzarella salad on top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and extra basil!
Keywords: Pesto Chicken with Caprese Salad