Nacho Chili Cheese Dip is perfect for any tailgating weekend. Creamy nacho cheese sauce has chili-spiced ground beef added to it for the perfect chip dip!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili seasononing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (I prefer half and a half)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar (hand grated! No pre-grated stuff!)
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a cast iron skillet brown the ground beef with the diced onions.
- Once the beef is browned and cooked through and the onions are soft, sprinkle in 2 tablespoons chili seasoning.
- In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat melt butter.
- While butter is melting, place 1 cup milk in separate saucepan and heat over low heat, until small bubbles form around the rim of the milk. Careful not to burn!
- Add flour to melted butter, and using a wooden spoon, stir to combine and cook slightly. About 1-2 minutes.
- Once the flour is incorporated, and milk is warm, pour milk into butter/flour roux and stir well with your wooden spoon.
- Once your bechamel is thick, turn the heat off.
- Finally, add shredded cheese by small handfuls until combined.
- Add browned beef and onions + cans of Rotel and green chilis.
- Taste, adding salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips, on tacos, or with a spoon!
Keywords: nacho chili cheese dip