A deliciously creamy and sweet dip that will make you the hit of every party, ever!
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, sliced thinly, then “chunked” — not diced, and not long strands… just big chunks.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1, 16 ounce container of sour cream (If you’re watching calories, light is fine. I prefer Daisy brand… they only use cream and cultures. Have you ever read the other brand’s ingredient list?)
- In a skillet, melt you butter over medium heat.
- Add your onions in, and caramelize over medium heat. This takes some time — don’t rush it — you don’t want burned onions!
- After your onions are caramelized, set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- After about 20 minutes, stir in the carton of sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Let this sit. Overnight is best, but if you really can’t wait, give it an hour.
- Before serving, taste with whatever “vessel” you are using — make sure you’ve added enough salt!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons — 3 smartpoints
- For an even lower point version, use fat free, plain Greek yogurt. For two tablespoons, you’ll only use 1 smartpoint!
- Serving Size: 12