Jalapeno Apricot Chicken Wings are sweet and spicy, and with a secret ingredient, these wings are baked to crispy perfection!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon baking POWDER
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup jalapeno apricot jam
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 stick butter
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Pat your wing pieces dry using a paper towel. Be sure to pat each side dry, and if you flip to the wet side, flip it onto a paper towel – otherwise, the first side gets wet again.
- Toss your wings with 1 tablespoon of baking powder for every 2 pounds of chicken wings. DO NOT USE BAKING SODA! It’s not the same thing, and cannot be substituted. You can add salt and pepper or a dry rub here as well. Just be sure to toss really well, so each wing gets a proper coating of the baking powder + spice mixture.
- Line your half sheet pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and place a baking rack overtop. Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your wings onto the rack, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Roast your wings at 250 degrees for half an hour. After half an hour, raise the temperature to 425 degrees for another 40 minutes. Watch carefully as every oven is different. If your pan is crowded, the wings will take longer to crisp up. If you’re just baking a dozen, they should take about 35 minutes under a 425-degree oven.
- While the wings roast in the oven, in a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt apricot jam, hot sauce, and butter until a sauce forms. You may need to whisk everything together before pouring over wings after they’ve cooked.
- Once they are crispy to your liking, toss in wing sauce once they’ve come out of the oven.
- Serve immediately!
You can make the wings ahead of time, just warm back up in the oven on the roasting rack at 350 degrees.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: jalapeno apricot chicken wings