Roasted zucchini and onions topped with marinara and melty mozzarella!
- 3 cups sliced zucchini (slice it into half moons!)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs italian seasoning (I prefer Penzey’s!)
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce (I prefer Prego)
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (I do 8 ounces of pre shredded mozzarella + 4 ounces smoked fresh mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add your sliced zucchini and chopped onions to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Dump zucchini and onions onto a half sheet pan, and roast for 25 minutes, or until onions are soft and the zucchini is slightly browned.
- Take sheet pan out of oven, and pour marinara all over the top of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until golden brown, about 5+ minutes
- I like to turn the broiler on the last few minutes to make sure it’s extra golden delicious.