This Italian Pink Sauce Recipe is filled with Italian seasoning and cream! Perfect pink pasta sauce served with extra parmesan cheese!
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 4–6 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 14.5-ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp House Seasoning (see notes)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1–2 tsp Sugar
- Cooked Pasta – with 1 ladle of past water reserved
- Garnishes: fresh parmesan and fresh basil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute your chopped onion and garlic until soft and tender and beginning to brown.
- Add your 14.5 ounce can of pasta sauce to the soft onions and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in the 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 2 teaspoons of house seasoning. Stir to mix everything well.
- Pour in your one cup of heavy cream, stirring as you pour.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Taste the sauce, and if it’s too acidic, add another teaspoon.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then combine with a ladle of pasta water and your pasta.
- Serve with lots of parmesan cheese and fresh basil on top!
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/8 cup ground black pepper
Mix all these together in a jar and store by your cook top!
Keywords: italian pink sauce recipe