Italian Pimento Cheese is a delicious sun dried tomato and herb cheese spread that goes well on any cheeseboard.
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Sweetpea’s House Seasoning (see note)
- Combine softened goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, diced shallots, capers, basil, thyme and house seasoning in a mixing bowl.
- Scoop into an airtight container, and allow to chill in the fridge for at least an hour — better if it is made the day before.
- Remove from fridge half an hour before serving, it spreads best closer to room temperature.
Sweetpea’s House Seasoning:
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
Keywords: italian pimento cheese spread