Italian Keto Chicken Bake from Sweetpea Lifestyle
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Pesto (store-bought is great!)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Italian Pimento Cheese (recipe to follow)
- 1 tablespoon Capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili Onion Crunch (optional)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Sweetpea’s House Seasoning (see note)
- In a shallow bowl, mix olive oil, Italian seasoning, and pesto together.
- Add chicken breasts and smoosh around to coat well.
- Cover and allow to marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Make Italian pimento cheese by following this recipe.
- To the Italian pimento cheese, add the capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan listed in this recipe.
- Bake chicken at 425˚ for 15-20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165˚ is reached.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, top the chicken with a nice dollop of Italian pimento cheese.
- Broil until the cheese mixture is melted and golden brown on top.
- Serve to your hungry people!
House Seasoning is equal parts kosher salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Italian Pimento Cheese is a great spread to have on hand for last-minute guests, slathering on bread, or topping chicken!
Keywords: italian keto chicken bake