Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is the perfect comfort food you crave in the cold-winter-months. Hearty chicken and veggies are simmered with a creamy sauce, then wrapped in crispy pie crust and baked to perfection!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups pulled chicken meat
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon+ salt (add more if you taste and think it needs more!)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 pie crusts
- 1/2 tablespoon half and half to wash over the pie crust
- extra salt and pepper to garnish the top
- Preheat your oven to 425˚.
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute carrots, celery, and onions until soft.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir around for a few minutes.
- Pour in milk and stir to thicken.
- Add in chicken and seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a thin metal (or foil!) pie pan, layout the bottom crust.
- Ladle your filling into the bottom crust.
- Place pieces of the top crust on top of the filling.
- Brush with half and half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake on a half sheet pan in the 425˚ oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve to your hungry people!
Keywords: homemade chicken pot pie