A low carb version of the family favorite spaghetti and meatballs!
- 1pound ground beef (I used 93% lean, and you could use chicken or turkey if you prefer.)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I use my microplace, and grate over the bowl!)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all items in large bowl, careful not to over mix.
- Over medium high heat, brown a small meatball to check seasonings.
- Once meatballs are seasoned to your liking, scoop meatballs with a small cookie scoop.
- Cook over medium high heat until browned on all sides. Do this in batches, not crowding the pan; you want crispy, brown meatballs! Not steamed meatballs…. Yuck. ((There is no need to cook these all the way through — they will cook in the sauce and oven later.))
- Double or triple the recipe and freeze once meatballs are cooled! I like to flash freeze on a sheet pan, then add the frozen meatballs to a plastic bag.
- Serving Size: 4