Grandma’s Thanksgiving Dressing is the BEST dressing-stuffing recipe you’ll ever have. It’s super simple to make, and is the perfect addition to turkey and gravy!
- Turkey neck + giblets
- 8 cups of water
- 2 loaves Italian bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1–2 tablespoons ‘Thanksgiving Seasoning” see note
- 2 stick butter
- 1 cup diced celery leaves + top stalks
- 1 cup diced onions (about 1 medium onion)
- In a medium add 8 cups water and place turkey neck and giblets in, along with a tablespoon of poultry seasoning. Bring to a simmer for 20+ minutes.
- Mix the bread pieces with 1-2 tablespoons of the Thanksgiving Seasoning, and toss to coat.
- In a medium skillet, melt two sticks of butter, and add celery and onions and cook until very soft.
- Pour butter, celery, and onion mixture over bread pieces, and toss to coat well.
- Ladle a cup of turkey stock at a time to the bread mixture, tossing each time to make sure it’s moist enough.
- Press into a buttered 9×13 baking dish, cover with foil, and bake at 350˚ for 30-40 minutes. Just until the edges are browned and the middle is golden.
- Serve with gravy and all the Thanksgiving sides!
- 2 parts kosher salt
- 1 part black pepper
- 1 part poultry seasoning
If you think you’re dressing is too wet, either add more bread, or bake longer in the oven. If you think it’s too dry, add another hefty ladle full of stock.
Keywords: grandma's thanksgiving dressing