Easy Chicken Parmesan for Two is the Italian restaurant favorite made at home with a cheeky time-saving hack! Dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 2 Chicken Cutlets (thin-sliced chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cups Olive Oil
- 24 ounces Rao’s Marinara
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella, pulled apart
- In a skillet, pour enough olive oil into your skillet to come up 1/8″. If you’re frying in batches, you’ll probably need to add more oil and let it come up to temperature over medium-high heat.
- If you haven’t purchased the Little Big Meal from the Fresh Market, here are your breading instructions:
- In three ‘stations’ add flour, an egg, then the panko/breadcrumb/parmesan mixture.
- Coat one piece of chicken in the flour, then egg, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lay on a plate while you do the rest of the chicken.
- Once your oil comes up to temperature (throw a few crumbs from the breading into the oil and if it ‘dances’ it’s ready!), gently lay your chicken in the oil and fry until brown and crispy on one side.
- Flip over using your tongs, and fry the other side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Pour the excess oil into a small bowl/jar to discard later.
- Pour an entire jar of Rao’s Marinara Sauce into the skillet.
- Let this bubble up for a minute or two.
- Lay the chicken back into the sauce, topped with strands of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with crusty bread!
- Pasta is optional.
Keywords: easy chicken parmesan for two