Creamy Turkey and Rice Soup is the perfect leftover turkey soup recipe using rich vegetables and a creamy broth.
- 1/2 cup butter (or turkey schmaltz!)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 12 cups of turkey stock
- 1 can evaporated milk
- salt+pepper to taste
- poultry seasoning to taste
- In a large dutch oven, saute vegetables in butter/schmaltz over medium-low heat until soft. About 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir into the vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of the stock to loosen the vegetables and flour up, removing any lump.s
- Pour in the remaining stock, and stir to combine.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- After 20 minutes, check the seasonings, I like to add a little sprinkle of poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper here.
- Pour in a can of evaporated milk, stir, and serve!
This freezes beautifully in quart/gallon-sized freezer bags!
Keywords: creamy turkey and rice soup