Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese is the cheesiest, creamiest casserole recipe idea to make any weeknight dinner special!
- 1 pound pasta, cooked & drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 5 ounces Boursin Garlic & Herb cheese
- 2 cups grated White Cheddar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup smashed Butter Crackers
- 2 ounces White Cheddar Cheese, chopped into bits
- 2 TBS melted butter
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- In a skillet, melt butter and being making your roux.
- When the butter is melted, sprinkle in the flour and whisk until all lumps disappear.
- Allow the flour and butter to cook for a couple of minutes to remove any raw flour taste—be careful not to burn the roux!
- Slowly pour in 1.25 cups of whole milk, whisking constantly until thick.
- Plop in the Boursin cheese, and stir to melt and combine.
- In stages, sprinkle in 2 cups of shredded white cheddar cheese, while your skillet is over the lowest heat.
- Stir in each handful until the cheese has completely melted, then pick up another handful.
- Grind in some black pepper, and check to see if you need to add any other seasonings.
- Once the sauce is creamy and dreamy, pour this over the cooked and drained noodles in a separate bowl. (Make sure the bowl is large enough to toss everything around really well!)
- Dump the macaroni and cheese into a buttered casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, toss the smashed crackers with the chopped cheese and drizzle in 2 TBS of melted butter. Mix all this up, and spread over the top of the macaroni and cheese casserole.
- Bake at 350˚ for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly on top!
Keywords: creamy baked macaroni and cheese