People cannot stop asking for this Chex Mix recipe!
*PLEASE READ THE NOTES FIRST*
- 1 box Rice Chex (you could also use the corn chex!)
- 1 box Wheat Chex
- 8 ounces Gardettos Rye Chips
- 1.5 cups Cocktail Peanuts
- 2 sticks Salted Butter
- 1 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 tablespoon Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- In a medium-sized pot add butter and Worcestershire sauce and turn stovetop to medium-low.
- Stir in spices and bring to a simmer.
- While the sauce simmers, combine your cereal, rye chips, and peanuts in a very large mixing bowl. (Sometimes I use two bowls, so I can mix properly without items going flying about)
- Toss with your hands to combine.
- After the sauce has thoroughly melted and combined (I like to give it a good whisk!), pour over dry ingredients.
- Set a timer for three minutes, and gently stir in an almost folding manner. Turning the bowl with your spatula. If you are using two bowls, do one bowl at a time. i.e. Pour half the sauce into one bowl and stir for 3 minutes. Then repeat with the second bowl.
- Pour out on to two half sheets pan, and even out. It’s okay if the snack mix overlaps! But, you want to make it easy for yourself when you go to stir these in the oven over and over.
- Place sheet pans in a COLD oven, then turn the oven on to 300˚.
- Once the oven has come up to temperature, immediately turn down to 225˚.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 225˚ stirring every 15 minutes. I also rotate the pans each time: top to bottom, front to back.
- After 45 minutes, take out of oven and cool.
Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks! <—— It won’t last this long!
I also love to give this as gifts — pour some into glass mason jars, and get gift giving!
See below if your oven runs warm – you may need to adjust your temperature.
- Category: snack
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: the best chex mix you will ever make