Chandler’s Thanksgiving Chicken is the succulent bird you want at the holidays, without the huge turkey! Enjoy it any time of the year though.
- 4–5 pound Whole Chicken, backbone removed & flattened
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS poultry seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 425˚.
- Place your spatchcocked chicken on a half sheet pan, and cover with ranch seasoning.
- Massage into the bird, then place the bird in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the bird roasts, stir the mayo and poultry seasoning together.
- After 25 minutes, remove your bird from the oven, and begin basting with the seasoned mayo every 5-7 minutes.
- Allow to cook until the bird reaches an internal temperature of 165˚.
- Let the bird rest, tented with foil for 15 minutes before carving.
Keywords: chandler's thanksgiving chicken