Braised Beef Short Ribs are the comforting dutch oven dinner recipe you need in the chilly winter months, a fix it and forget it dinner idea!
- 1 tbs ghee
- 8–10 beef short ribs
- kosher salt
- 3 carrots, washed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeling removed and chunked
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 pound button mushrooms, browned in butter
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs water
- In a big Dutch oven, melt a tablespoon of ghee over medium-high heat.
- After the ghee has melted, sear your short ribs on all sides, working in batches.
- You want a super crusty crust on all sides, so give it time.
- Remove the seared short ribs and set aside. Add in 3 chopped carrots, 2 onions, and 4 garlic cloves. Add in black pepper & Worcestershire sauce.
- Nestle the ribs back into the veggies, add in rosemary & thyme, pour an entire bottle of red wine in, and then enough stock to almost cover.
- Roast covered in a 350* oven for 1.5 hours. Or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs, and dump in a slurry of flour + water. And a carton of sautéed mushrooms.
- Shred your beef, and add back to the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve family style!
Keywords: braised beef short ribs