- trimmed beef tenderloin
- half a stick of room temperature butter
- couple tablespoons of kosher salt
- couple tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
- Starting with a VERY clean oven, move your oven rack up closer to the broiler. You’re going to broil your beef, so you’ll need to make sure you allow enough room for it to fit, but close. Make sense?? Turn your broiler on high.
- While the oven is heating up, spread the butter all over your trimmed filet.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over it, and massage till coated well.
- Place your filet in a 9×13 and put directly under the broiler.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, turn over and broil another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly wrap in aluminum foil. TIGHTLY.
- Let it sit on the counter for an hour.
- 15 minutes before serving, place in a 350˚ degree oven and let warm up.
- Slice on to serving platter.