Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Honey Balsamic Glaze uses a slow roasting method
that creates a crispy skin and perfectly cooked chicken any night of the week!
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a baking dish with a lid, stir balsamic vinegar, italian seasoning, salt and pepper together.
- Add chicken thighs and toss to coat well.
- Cover and allow to marinate for an hour, and up to 12 hours.
- Remove from the marinade and pat dry all over with paper towels.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in a cast-iron skillet.
- Place the skillet into a COLD oven, and shut the door.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees, and allow to roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and turn the chicken thighs over, so they are skin-side up.
- Return to the oven and crank up the heat to 400 degrees.
- Roast another 15 minutes, or until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and place the chicken thighs on a plate to rest. (Be careful, the skillet is hot!!)
- With the skillet on the stovetop, turn the stove to medium high heat, and drizzle 3 tablespoons of honey. Allow to boil until thickened.
- Turn off the heat, and stir 3 tablespoons of COLD butter into the gravy/glaze.
- Drizzle of chicken thighs, or serve in a gravy boat on the side.
- Category: main dish
- Method: oven roasting
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: balsamic chicken thighs with honey balsamic glaze