Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon is a quick and easy dinner recipe for any night of the week.
Fresh lemon zest is combined with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- 1 pound salmon fillet, with the skin
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- The juice of one lemon [the same you used for zesting!]
- Drizzle of EVOO
- On a plate, sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper — followed by zesting half the lemon onto the plate.
- Lay the salmon SKIN SIDE DOWN on the lemon, salt, and pepper.
- On top of the salmon sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over top + zest the other half of the lemon.
- Slice off lemon cheeks [slicing around the seeds], and squeeze over top of the salmon.
- While the salmon marinates for 10 minutes, pop a cast iron skillet into the oven, and turn on your broiler.
- After 10 minutes of preheating, using oven mitts remove the skillet and place the salmon fillet skin side down into the HOT HOT skillet.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive on top of the salmon just before placing back into the oven under the broiler. THE SKILLET IS VERY HOT, PLEASE USE CAUTION.
- Set a timer for 7 minutes, and then begin checking to see if it the fish is done to your liking. You might need a few extra minutes depending on your oven’s broiler.
- An opaque hue, with a semi-firm texture should make for perfectly cooked salmon.
- If you’re unsure, use an instant read thermometer and check the internal temperature for about 140˚ — while it rests, it will cook to 145˚ out of the oven, and be the perfectly tender and moist fish you want!
Keywords: baked lemon pepper salmon