Bacon wrapped green bean bundles are a deliciously simple side dish recipe perfect for any time of the year!
- 2 pounds french cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons Italian vinaigrette
- 6 strips of bacon, cut in half
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette Glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup any storebought Italian vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Toss green beans with Italian vinaigrette and plop onto a sheet pan.
- Roast at 425* for 15+ minutes. (You want your beans to not have that crunchy texture, and to begin to soften.)
- Once beans are slightly roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool to the touch.
- Turn oven OFF.
- In a small saucepan add honey, balsamic vinegar, and Italian vinaigrette.
- Boil until a syrupy consistency.
- Lay out strips of bacon, and begin creating bundles of beans.
- Wrap the bacon around the center of a handle of beans, and place seam side down on a sheet pan.
- Using a silicone basting brush, brush a light coating of the glaze over each bundle.
- Place into the oven, and reset oven temperature to 375*
- Halfway through baking, baste with glaze (about 15 minutes through the bake time!)
- Once your bacon is crisp, remove from oven and glaze once more with feeling.
- Plate and serve!
If you are wanting to do a couple of steps early here is your game plan:
Roast the beans, and keep in a sealed container for up to two days ahead of time.
Make the vinaigrette up to 5 days ahead of time.
Bundle and wrap the beans and place on sheet tray the morning of your dinner.
After you’ve brushed your glaze on, place in a COLD oven. Set the temperature to 375* and allow to cook for 30+ minutes, or until your bacon is crisp to your liking.
Keywords: bacon wrapped green bean bundles