Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Legs are *exactly* what you want! Juicy chicken legs are wrapped in bacon, then slathered with a Maple Cholula sauce.
- 5 chicken legs
- Bacon strips
- 3 tbs Maple Syrup
- 3 tbs Cholula Hot Sauce
- Remove chicken legs from packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Over a stainless steel bowl, individually salt each chicken leg.
- Once all the chicken legs are in the bowl, generously grind pepper overtop.
- Using your clean hands, gently massage the pepper and salt into each chicken leg.
- Place in a baking dish, in the fridge, uncovered for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, wrap one slice of bacon around each chicken leg.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Place the baking dish with chicken legs inside a COLD oven.
- Turn your oven to 350˚.
- Set your timer for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, stir the maple syrup and cholula together.
- At the 25 minute mark, check your chicken’s temperature and begin to baste the chicken legs with the Maple Cholula Sauce using a pastry/silicone brush.
- Bake your chicken legs until completely cooked through, or the internal temperature reaches 165˚. (About 15 more minutes after the initial 25, depending on your oven’s actual temperature.)
- Baste with the sauce until completely gone.
- Serve immediately!
- Category: chicken
- Method: cold roasting
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: bacon-wrapped chicken legs